Friday, November 16, 2007

A Run Through the Night

It's that time of the year. The evening breeze is chilled, the slight rustic smell of dying leaves wafts through the air (even in SoCal!), and the sun sets before I freakin' leave the office at the end of the day. Yes, Daylight Savings Time is over:-( And so, I have begun to run outside, after work, in the dark. Luckily, I live in a populated area and the places I run in and around are very well lit. On Wednesday night I ran 3.5 miles around Laguna Niguel...down Alicia to Aliso Creek to La Paz to Pacific Park. I felt great during the run and am very glad to be back into the routine of running, even if it means I'm back outside in the dark.

I skipped out on my Thursday run and instead had dinner with Sabina and watched "The Office" with her. Ack...I'm down 2 miles.

Tomorrow morning I'm waking up before the crack of dawn to go running with Diana during the opposite end of the dark. We're planning on a six mile run and it should be light before we finish for bagels and coffee at her house.

And then...on Sunday...I am going to Costa Rica for a week with my sister!!! I won't be running while I'm on vacation, but I will be hiking and zip-lining and swimming and playing with monkeys.

One more thing: You may have noticed a few changes to the header of this blog. I am no longer running in the P.F. Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Arizona 1/2 Marathon and am instead running in a race closer to home, the Surf City USA 1/2 Marathon in Huntington Beach. I'm hoping to recruit a group of friends to run in the 1/2 marathon with me or to run in the 5k race at the event. Instead of racing through the streets of Phoenix on the 13th of January, I'll be gliding down the ski slopes at a resort in the Rockies.

Alright, I'm running out of steam for the day and week. My wit is nil. Check back here in a week to see what sort of non-running adventures I had in Costa Rica with Anna.

No comments: