Monday, November 5, 2007

Slowly Movin' Along

Slowly, slowly, I'm advancing in my training. Let's see...where did I leave off. Oh, yes, I last posted that I ran 3 miles at the nasty 24 Hr. Fitness in Aliso Viejo. That was Monday. Last Wednesday and Thursday I met Diana super duper early in the morning and we went to her gym and ran. We ran 2 miles on Wednesday and then worked out for 20 minutes on the elliptical machine and then we ran 3 miles on Thursday. I also did "buns of steel" (i.e., lunges) on Thursday. My buns just stopped hurting from that little exercise yesterday! On Sunday morning I again went running with Diana (I'm SO glad I have her to run with). I met her at 6:40am and we ran 3 miles around Laguna Niguel. Cameron, her 14 month old son, came along with us in the baby jogger. I was supposed to run 4 miles on Sunday, but we only had time for 3 and so that had to do. After our run, though, we did have time for coffee and bagels at Diana's house. And, I had time to play with her son, who is absolutely adorable. Sometimes eating, bonding, and playing are a lot more important than running!

Tonight I need to run 3.5 miles...which I'll probably end up doing at the gym since I'm going to get home later due to a bowling event that my work is sponsoring.

I'll post more updates later in the week...and a rant on the end of Daylight Savings Time...sigh...I miss you already DST!!

No comments: