Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.

Oy vey...less than three weeks until my race. And how much running have I done in the past three weeks? Hardly ANY! It was just way too cold to run in Ohio and Colorado. It wasn't too cold to ski though, or play with the super cute ski patrol dogs at A-Basin:


So, I've got a lot of work to do in the next three weeks to get ready for this race. And maybe some praying, chanting, meditating, hoping, knocking on wood, rain dancing, etc., to make sure that I not only survive, but succeed, in this race. I got right back into the running groove on Monday night when I ran a good five mile run outside in Aliso Viejo and Laguna Hills. Last night I ran 3 miles on the treadmill at the La Paz gym (I met Sabina there). The first two miles I ran at a 9 min./mile pace and then the last mile I ran at an 8:30 min./mile pace. Tonight is another five mile run outside and then tomorrow Sabina and I are going to check out the fancy new gym in Laguna Niguel and I'll run three miles there. Let's see if that gym is any cleaner and cooler than the ghetto "Active" gyms I have to go because I have the poor man's gym membership. I'll write back with a full report.

No comments: