Monday, October 15, 2007

Running in Portland

This past weekend I went to Portland with a co-worker to work at our company's booth at the Great Western Council of Optometry meeting. Even though we were there to work, we still had time for a little fun, and I had time for a little run:-) In addition to working on Friday, we also walked around NW 23rd Street and went out to eat at an amazing restaurant called Papa Haydn. On Saturday morning I woke up early and went for a three mile run in the morning mist. I ran on the Riverwalk (next to the Willamette River) and across the Steele Bridge. It was very invigorating to be running around a new city.


After my morning run we went to the Saturday Market, back to the convention center to work, and then to lunch at Mother's Bistro...where we ate at a table next to Jennifer Aniston and her mom!!! My co-worker commented that it was ironic that we had to come all the way to Portland to see a movie star (especially considering how close we live to L.A.). After lunch with Jen (that's what her peeps call her), we browsed through Powell's Books before heading back down to sunny, superficial SoCal.

Sigh...I think I could run and live in Portland on a permanent basis...

3 comments:

Janelle said...

When you need another break from "sunny, superficial SoCal" you'll have to come visit me in Seattle next year. I'll have to start running to prepare, but that's ok. It needs to be done. Plus, it will give me the opportunity to find all the best scenic routes.

Erin said...

Jen was dining with her mom? Guess they really did make up! Any other details on the sighting?

Carrie said...

No other real big details on the Aniston sighting. Her and her mom were eating lunch and her body guard hovered nearby. After they finished eating they took a tour of the restaurant, hugged the waitress, and then left. Her bodyguard grabbed a coat for her out of their waiting SUV and then the three of them walked off down the street.