Monday, December 17, 2007

Ask Me Again Ten Years Ago

Last Saturday, instead of running (arg...), I went up to LA and went out with some new old friends: Britt, Janelle, and Heather. Britt, Janelle, and I went to high school together a million and half years ago and ten planets away from Los Angeles.

Anyway, we had a great time and our evening ended at Winston's Bar in West Hollywood, which was jam packed. Once inside, we managed to get someone to snag our photo:

Guess who that someone was?? Come on...guess! It was BJ Novak who plays Ryan Howard on The Office! Dunder Mifflin gave him 'The Hottest in the Office Award.' So...here's the story: We were hanging out and I saw BJ behind me and kind of recognized him (at first I thought he was Milo Ventimiglia from The Gilmore Girls), but I didn't want to do that whole "ohhh...who are you? you're famous, right?" thing, so I didn't say anything. But then he started talking to me and asked me to take a picture of him and two of his friends using his camera phone. It's clearly been too long since I've been spoken to by a guy who wasn't a close friend or family member and I didn't realize until a little later that the photo request was most likely just an icebreaker to get my attention (photos do not turn out well when taken in a dark bar using a camera phone). Anyway, after I took a few pics for him, he took the picture of us girls above and then we chatted for a bit (what do you do? where do you live? how old are you? what time do you have to be back in heaven? blah, blah, blah...) before he and his friends went back to their table and us girls left. Although he didn't come straight out and tell me that he was BJ Novak from The Office, he did tell me that his name was BJ, that he was a script writer/producer, that he was 28, that he knew Milo from Gilmore Girls, that he was with a friend who was a comedian (BJ is a comedian also), and that he was with friends from Harvard. So...all of that, combined with the fact that he actually looked like BJ Novak, convinced us all that he indeed was the real deal.

I'd say us girls from the cornfields of Northwest Ohio have come a long way...we're certainly not in Kansas anymore!

P.S. Just so that this remains a running blog, I'll state that I ran 4 miles at the gym tonight in just over 34 minutes, which I think is my fastest 4 miles to date. I ran for 1.5 miles at an 8 minute/mile pace and then eventually slowed down and finished at about a 9 minute/mile pace.

No comments: