Saturday, December 22, 2007

The First Great Eight


Finally, I had a great week of running! Since I last posted I ran 4 miles around Aliso Viejo with Sara and then this morning I actually got up and was out the door at 6:05am to run 8 miles (22 total miles this week). It was so cold out and dark and I really didn't want to crawl out of my warm bed, but I figured that if I couldn't get out and run in this weather, then I'd have no chance of getting motivated to run in Ohio's weather when I'm there during the next few weeks. I felt great during the run and it was nice to see the dawn of a new day. Also, I'm glad running 8 miles didn't feel like a big deal to my body, especially since I have not run 8 miles since before my marathon (yikes!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you return to the OC we are SO doing that mile run again! I loved it! I hope running in the crisp Ohio air isn't proving to be too much of a challenge! Can't wait to see ya...