Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Here lies Carrie. She had two loves and lots o' shoes.

Last Thursday I went to a shoe shopping party at the new DSW at The District in Tustin with Sabina, Alanna, Nicole D., and Janet. And although I just refinanced my house (can I get an Amen?!) and I shouldn't be spending money, I found an awesome deal on a new pair of running shoes and I had to get them. Although online they are listed for $75-$80, I bought them at DSW for only $45 (including tax)! I hadn't bought new shoes since before my marathon (since last April, actually) and so I really needed a new pair. Sabina reassured me that it was okay for me to spend the money the next day by stating that buying running shoes is like buying toilet paper: I may not absolutely need the shoes right now (I mean, I'm not walking around barefoot), but soon I will need them when my other shoes completely break down, and so it's best to buy the shoes now when they are on sale. And so you should also always buy toilet paper when it's on sale, whether you need more of it right now or not, because eventually you will. Or something like that. I don't know. I have new shoes though and I'm happy about them! You can ask her about her toilet paper-buying philosophy.

They're New Balance, again, and look similar to my current shoes. I wore them for my runs last weekend and they felt great:-)
...the fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun... (from Sex and the City)

No comments: