Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I Would Run 500 Miles

Last night I ran 3 miles at the gym and then I repeated that again tonight. I ran my fastest 3 miles ever: 24:18. I know, for all you "real" runners, that's not that fast, but it sure is a huge improvement for me considering that last year at this time I could barely run 3 miles in 30 minutes. I wasn't planning on running so fast today, but I was running on a treadmill next to a guy (who I saw running last night at the gym too) and, well, I guess I wanted to "beat" him. He had his treadmill set at 6.3, which is a 9:30 minute/mile, so I set mine at 7.5 and ran an 8 minute/mile for the first 2+ miles and then I slowed down a bit (7.1) and finished in 24:18.

Both last night and tonight I ran with my iPod. One guy running two treadmills over from mine was totally rocking out with his iPod. He was lip syncing to his music and dancing and waving his arms around like he was at a live concert.

Rock on!

Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Undela Undela Undela la la...

No comments: